[OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh

Subject: [OM] a flower?, or Zuiko 300mm 4,5 bokeh
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:30:06 -0300
Hi List,

The common name here is 'Achira', [Canna coccinea (family: CANNACEAE)].
Found it growing in the wild (it's also used for decorating gardens) at
Cañada del parque Mancebo, Maldonado. Might put the coordinates if
there's some interest in locating the place.

Tripod mounted Zuiko 300mm ƒ/4,5 @ ƒ/4,5, Olympus OM 1n with mirror
locked-up and self timer shutter release. Exposure 1/250 s.

Please observe the long spiderweb, and some shorter threads. The Zuiko
was wide open, I must have been lucky with light incidence _ ;-)

Looks more eye-catching, but easier to shoot than my former one, the
dull Chajá [Southern Screamer (Chauna torquata)] in its own habitat.

Film: Fuji Provia 100F

Enjoy, critique and comment.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/fernando_gonzalez_gentile/5899381952/in/photostream/lightbox/>

Fernando.