[OM] Totally OT - Tick Removal

Subject: [OM] Totally OT - Tick Removal
From: "Rick Beckrich" <ribec@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:48:05 +0000
This comes to mind because I just pulled one out of the top
 of my foot last week. Wish I had heard of this trick:

 I had a friend tell me what she believes is the best
 way to remove a tick. It should work in those places where
 it's sometimes difficult to get to with tweezers:
 between toes, in the middle of a head full of dark hair, etc.

 "Apply a glob of liquid soap to a cotton ball. Cover the tick
 with the soap-soaked cotton ball and swab it for a few
 seconds (15-20), the tick will come out on its own and be
 stuck to the cotton ball when you lift it away. This
 technique has worked every time I've used it (and that
 was frequently, and it's much less traumatic for the
 patient and easier for me.."

 Back to the deck...

 Rick