Re: [OM] OT - UK cell phone usage

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - UK cell phone usage
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 13:02:26 +0100
The phone could well be "locked" to the Vodafone network, John - I assume it
was on a Pay-as-you-go tariff, for which the network-lock is more likely.
But it is quite simple to have the phone unlocked to permit operation on
another network.
Keep in mind that although all UK networks are now GSM-only, Orange uses the
1800MHz band, whereas Vodafone uses 900MHz. It is possible that your phone
cannot function on the Orange network (although it might be a 900-1800 dual
band phone).

Piers