Re: [OM] IMG - I only hope it didn't suffer from the X rays at the airpo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG - I only hope it didn't suffer from the X rays at the airports ... what do you think?
From: Alan Wood <alanmwood@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 11:38:02 +0100 (BST)
Moose wrote:

> As far as I know, no airport scans incoming baggage off a plane. It's already
>been security checked
>
> before getting on the plane.

Suvarnabhumi Airport in Bangkok has scanners in Customs in Arrivals, after you
collect your checked baggage from the carousel.  My hand baggage and checked
baggage have been scanned there a few times.  They told me it is quicker than
asking people to open their suitcases for Customs to examine them.  I have no
idea of the power of the scanners, but it is Thailand so they probably neither
know nor care.

Alan Wood
http://www.alanwood.net (Unicode, special characters, pesticide names)