Re: [OM] IMG - I only hope it didn't suffer from the X rays at the airpo

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG - I only hope it didn't suffer from the X rays at the airports ... what do you think?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 21:29:37 -0700
On 6/25/2011 7:03 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Twenty rolls of Velvia 100 are in my fridge at last.
> I didn't have problems with my exposed film when sent to Dwayne's, but the
> packs warn against X rays.
> I know this was very much a matter of discussion some years ago, but don't
> recall the conclusion.

If the friend who bought them for you carried them through security, they
should be fine. The x-ray machines for hand
luggage aren't that powerful and ISO 100 isn't very sensitive.

If it went through as checked baggage, it could easily be affected. Those
machines have to see through great thicknesses
of stuff, and ramp up the power until they can see everything.

Moose