Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans

Subject: Re: [OM] eliminating Newton rings from film scans
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 16:28:18 -0500
Although not all owners do it, wet mounting was the recommended method for
drum scanners. It was also used for printing with enlargers when a glass
carrier was required. Wet mounting will kill them entirely. They come from
some weird optical thing that cannot be cured while using smooth glass. Anti
Newton Ring glass is something like old fashioned no glare framing glass.