Re: [OM] Pen FV travel, which film?

Subject: Re: [OM] Pen FV travel, which film?
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 12:12:46 -0700 (PDT)
I would go with the ND or polarizer, if I were you, Iwert.  You dont want to
limit yourself in low light.

I have used 160VC you mentioned, but disliked it because of its oversaturated
red/oranges.

My favorite 400 film is the el cheapo Fuji X-TRA 400.  According to a review
about 10 years ago, it has some the one of the finest grain in its speed class
(actually the review said that it matched that of 100 films) and very faithful
reproduction of colors.  Best if slightly overexposed in high contrast scenes
or low light tho...

Have fun

Boris

Hello everybody,

I'm coming out of lurk mode for a moment with a question.
In about a month I will be attending a very nice symposium:

http://symposium.urbansketchers.org/

First idea was to take just drawing tools, but the photographer in me keeps
nagging that thought.
So up came the thought to take my pen FV with 2 lenses, 38 macro and 42 low
light lens.

Off course it will be sunny (I hope so) and hot (I don't like so... but
alas).
In the fridge I have a nice storage of Kodak 160 VC and Kodak BW400CN film.

I wan't to stay with one film, BW or colour. Both could be nice in Lisbon,
but now to the technical problems:

During the day: much of light, so stopping down will be necessary with the
top speed of about 1/350 of the Pen FV,
so 400 asa is out of the question (or investment in an ND8 filter could be
good solution?)

Evenings and inside buildings: would 160 asa still be just enough at about
1/15? or can I push scan 160 VC a few stops, and keep shooting
at 1/60 @ f1.2?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Iwert