[OM] [IMG] Southwick's Zoo

Subject: [OM] [IMG] Southwick's Zoo
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:41:44 -0700 (PDT)
This is the last schoolweek for kids, at least in Rhode Island, so yesterday we
decided to beat the crowds and go to the zoo.

This was the first time in the 12 years that we lived in New England to visit
Southwick's zoo.  Lucky for us, we almost had it to ourselves.

It contains pictures of us and things that dont stay behind netted cages.  Of
particular interest is numero uno, which is my first attempt at picture number
two.

Picture number nine was taken in the deer woods area which is a fenced forest
with buncha coin operated corn feeders.  I have never seen bigger beggars than
those deer.  Up until now, this spot was reserved for Rhode Island sea
gulls...:), you can see Christa being chased by the herd, but I guess better
representation of this disaster is picture number three, where the cheap bozos
that sneaked a big bag of corn were being attacked...

The whole area was infested with chipmunks, cute little creatures that find
innovative ways to steal food.

I found pictures 13 and 15 hilarious...Alex was holding a feeding stick and the
birds were fighting over it on the former, but look at the latter...I will be
honest with you, this goat knows how to pose for a picture better than most of
the people...or at least the ones I know.

All the birds are rescued birds.  They are very smart, some like to talk to you
using their limited vocabulary.  Most of them know how to appreciate the beauty
of a pretty woman passing by.  Usually they start behaving like horny Italian
men...:)  BTW, I had to have a talk with one of the parrots about Christa,
reminding him that she's "my woman" and not as loose as he thinks...I may have
mentioned something about slow and painful death in between bragging about my
superior strength, so we didnt hear from him for the rest of the day.

If you are in need of a bird, lemme know and I will forward the info, I got the
woman's business card.  They were all gentle creatures, just look at the
picture of Buddy sitting on Alex' shoulder...:)

I did attempt to shoot pictures that may have some artistic value, the turtles
for example, but was quickly reminded that this is not a photography trip.
Besides, dont expect anything like this from me...I really suck at street
photography and the type of photography that requires shooting living things in
general...Only thing done was to convert them to b+w using the Ilford settings
within gimp.

I found a flaw in my camera.  Nets, meshes and things similar throw off the
focus of the A200.  I dont like it, which reminds that I have to contact
AndrewF for feedback on the new Sony...

Start clicking and enjoy the pixies.Here's the folder:

http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j54/alienspecimen/Southwick%20Zoo/?start=all

Boris