Re: [OM] Start saving now...

Subject: Re: [OM] Start saving now...
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:06:26 -0400
Then why are you even considering a Canyon 5D Mk(whatever)?

Rain is not its friend.  :-)

I think I mentioned this here once before.  I questioned my former photo
mentor (who also owned a 5D) about why he wasn't concerned about the 5D
not being waterproof or at least water resistant.  His answer was: "I've
never met a bride who wanted to be photographed in the rain."
:-)

Chuck Norcutt

On 6/14/2011 12:15 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> What's off, besides projected durability?
>
> No, Bob. That was a reasonable question. For what it's worth, I'll list a
> few properties which I think are part and parcel of a "professional" camera
> or system right now.
>
> 1. Reasonably weather resistant. If you have to shield or protect the camera
> from a light rain, then it isn't able to be used because you are busy trying
> to protect your camera.

< BIG SNIP>