[OM] Off-topic, Ham-Radio

Subject: [OM] Off-topic, Ham-Radio
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 10:38:06 -0500
So, as I mentioned last week, I've been nooding around with finally breaking
down and taking the Ham Radio tests. I'm a little concerned, though. I'm
obviously missing something.

I ain't roundest cookie on the sheet, but the tests seem too easy. Without
ANY studying, I'm averaging 80-85% of either the Technician or the General.
I'm not doing quite that well with the Extra, but still not bad. A wee bit
of studying or looking over the test questions should address that. It's not
like the CCNA test, that's for sure.

So, what am I missing?

Obviously, I will actually look up some regulation issues so I actually know
what the limits are, but the questions seem to be simplified to the
lowest-common-demoninator. It's not at all like the old tests where you had
to know how to build a transceiver from scrap parts from a washing machine.

AG