Re: [OM] IMG: Insects

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Insects
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgonzalezgentile@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2011 18:53:41 -0300
That's Ok, Moose.
I'm answering to Chuck here too, at the same time, because he observed the same.

I had observed the barrel distortion too, which didn't surprise me
because I used a 'poor man's macro setup'.
For a couple of minutes I wondered weather to correct it or not, but
run short of time for a final decision: I had to fly away for work !.
... wasted too much time matching colors to get a white background,
and of course playing with Focus Magic :-)

***********************
***********************

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 5:21 AM, Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The English word for that gadget is 'flyswatter'; 'flypaper' is sticky paper.
>
> Moose

This is funny.
The Spanish word is 'matamoscas', single or plural.
Opened Google Translate because, as said, I was short of time to look
up for a better translation, and wrote in Spanish 'matamosca'. The
English word 'flypaper' prompted.
I more than suspected that one wasn't a correct translation, but used it anyway.
Now, if you go and open Google Translate and write 'flyswatter', the
Spanish word 'matamosca' shows up.
But if you do so the other way round, the word 'flypaper' is offered
as the best available translation ... wonderful !

BTW Moose, a very minor idiomatic issue: my first surname ends in 'z',
not in 's'. It's properly written in the link but not at your website.
Gonzales in Mexican Spanish, but Gonzalez is Spanish Spanish ;-)

Cheers

Fernando.