Re: [OM] (OM) E-3 going for a song - maybe (was)

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) E-3 going for a song - maybe (was)
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:47:55 +1200
Piers wrote
> I remonstrated, they prevaricated, they referred me to their
> then-current T&Cs which allowed them to do it, I reminded them of their
> T&Cs when I had joined which did not. And I suggested they seek legal
> advice. They paid up, in full.
>
> I wouldn't touch TradeMe with a bargepole, even if I were in NZ or Aus.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them. They do seem to be rather
naïve when it comes to dealing with people outside NZ/Aust. I wonder if they
have fears about or are trying to discourage people from using eBay.

I have no fears about Trademe; this week I have bought 5 very nice books
about roses through them, each virtually for a song and much cheaper than
I could have got them through www.bookfinder.com which I also use. I have
done about 140 deals one way or another there. I have also used ebay in
the past, but probably not much again as (believe it or not) I don't want much
of what they offer.

Brian Swale.