Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth

Subject: Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 16:18:21 +0100 (BST)
Ken,        I have a similar sort of dilemma..... Once again I am spending the
summer in Colorado springs. I am also hoping to get to Pagosa springs and
Casper Wyoming. I have been given an ultimatum about the " toys" I take when I
visit  the U.S.A.  these consist of Cameras and fishing equipment.I have
narrowed the fishing equipment down to 2 5 piece travel rods with small fixed
spool reels. The camera equipment however has given me more of a headache.
I will probably take my Panasonic G2 rather than Olympus 510..... smaller
easier to use, and superb results. Added to this my Leica M6 for B+W. lovely
piece of machinery with a selection of Leica and Voigtlander lenses, the bonus
being that these lenses also fit via a micro 4/3 adapter on my G2.
Now do I also slip in an Olympus OM3 or 4Ti with Tamron 17mm,  35-70mm 3.6, and
100mm f2.8 just for old times sake?
Oh..By the way our Fuel is about $8 U.S. gall equivalent...and 2 flights to
colorado Springs in high summer worked out at over $2600.00  and that is
travelling cattle class.  :-O>

Regards

  John Duggan,

     Wales, UK

--- On Mon, 16/5/11, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
Many snips.......
 Could I do two weeks with JUST B&W
film? No color, no digital?

Could YOU limit yourself in such a way? Colorado Rockies for two weeks with
just B&W film and a focal-length restriction of 35-80mm?

AG