Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth

Subject: Re: [OM] Fence + Green Grass = Myth
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 14:43:35 -0700
On 5/16/2011 10:32 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
> . . .
> The thinking about Leica was the greener grass reference. We (I) tend to
> think that my photography would be better if...

TOP
<http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2011/05/does-equipment-matter.html>

> . . .
>
> What I'm working out here, and you poor folks are my sounding board, is
> whether or not I have the giblets to spend two weeks in a favorite
> photography area with only one camera and one lens.

I don't see it a matter of cojones, of faith, courage or fortitude . . . It
seem to me to be more about what you really
want to do, what will inspire you and/or give you enjoyment.

There are still an infinite number of images waiting to be captured, so missing
seemingly unique opportunities through
the wrong equipment is really a false issue. (This from a guy who screeched
into a picnic area, pulled off into the dirt
and ran off into the woods, camera in hand yelling "I hope you have something
to do for the next few minutes!")

On the other hand, forcing yourself to do something because it's what you think
you should do, for whatever external
reasons, sounds like a good way to stifle creativity and ruin a vacation.

> . . .
> Could YOU limit yourself in such a way? Colorado Rockies for two weeks with
> just B&W film and a focal-length restriction of 35-80mm?

Never would, but not because I couldn't; because I don't want to. Not going to
wear a hair undershirt or sleep on a bed
of nails, either. :-)

What calls to YOUR heart?

Moose