Re: [OM] G3 out--?GH2 killer and IQ

Subject: Re: [OM] G3 out--?GH2 killer and IQ
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 10:03:45 +1000
That's really extending optics. 'Folding' suggests 'folded path' optics like
the flat pack cameras (Oly 'Tough' Panny FT) which have a periscope style lens
arrangement. There was also one that slipped elements in from the side when the
lens erected - can't remember which.
And on the subject of flat pack waterproofs, I'm not sure if I posted this pic.
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/132611805
This is one of the pre-eminent pro photogs and publishers in Australia,
discovering how to quick clean the lens on a waterproof while in a jet boat.
Not recommended for other equipment and circumstances. Or stuff that you
actually own.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx