Re: [OM] IMG: Cicada Time

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Cicada Time
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 09:27:12 -0400
  Well Jim, even with diminished hearing, when his billion-plus cousins
emerge you will likely hear them. Of course we get the usual Summer Cicadas
here every year and I like them as a harbinger of the seasons. But these 7
and 13 year emergences are a different kettle of fish. My brother-in-law
experienced one about a decade ago when he moved to Lynchburg, VA. He sent
me some photos showing his yard about two inches deep with these critters.
He went outside to sweep them away from the AC unit and claimed he couldn't
even hear his own thoughts for the racket. Keep us posted on their progress
Jim.

Charlie