Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/5/2011: a t-shirt

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 7/5/2011: a t-shirt
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 May 2011 10:10:13 -0400
Ah, no one beats the Brits for place names, with the possible exception of the
folks in Pennsylvania who named their town Intercourse, and it's equally
notorious and possibly apocryphal Intercourse Motel.

Just down the street less than a mile from me is a dirt road, which, after the
enhanced 911 system required all roads to post names, briefly sported the name
Hiscock Road. (Pronounced with a "hisss" rather than the more common pronoun
pronunciation of "his.") The sign never lasted more than a day or so. For a
while the town kept replacing it, but after five or six of them were taken, the
name was changed to Yates Road. Not a one of the Yates signs has gone missing.

--Bob