Re: [OM] Freedom, How cool is that!

Subject: Re: [OM] Freedom, How cool is that!
From: "Bill Pearce" <billcpearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 11:39:04 -0500
Ken,

This appeared on the leica list a week or so ago. I have one reservation on
this. He states that he has shot, by the frame counter, only 50 shots. So
you know, he may be miss reading the counter, as the manual indicates
that"Each unit signifies ten exposures." And, even if this is 500 exposures,
"even a brand new camera inadicates around 200 exposures taken..a result of
testing during manufacture." Could he really have used it so lightly?

You should also know that finding someone to process and print could be
troublesome., not to mention scanning. I modified standard 35 carriers for
my Omega 4x5 enlarger to print B&W, and took them to a local lab for color.
Scanning could be a problem, but I have a Minolta MultiScan Pro which does a
fine job. Optical prints from the Xpan in color will kill the scan and print
systems, though.

Bill Pearce

I’m offering for sale my 100% unblemished, original/
complete, fully functioning, titanium body Fuji TX-1 panorama camera
(#9010204 ) w/ an interchangeable ,
Fujinon 45/f4 lens that has no flaws, defects or scratches. It comes with: a
49mm
dia. center filter ($300 value) for slide film, hood, lens cap, aftermarket
LED
light level, secure aftermarket plastic foam lined case, original strap,
OP/TECH
brand neoprene strap, photocopied/ printed instructions, and extra
batteries.

It's still the world’s only truly dual-format 35mm
camera system which can be easily switched back- and-forth from panorama to
normal size images. The 24 X 65 mm width of the
full panoramic images is similar to that of medium format. It produces
great results in either mode w/ black & white or color standard 35mm film
canisters. It features auto- advance with aperature priority TTL (through
the
lens) metering in either AE (auto exposure) or manual mode and MF (manual
focus). It also has an auto-load and auto- rewind feature at the end of the
roll.

The viewfinder is bright and clear, it’s only slightly
bigger and heavier than my vintage Canon RFs, and fits fine in a standard
RF/
SLR bag. It takes superb images. It is exactly the same camera as the
Hasselblad Xpan I, but with a more durable, “champagne” color finish.
Introduced in 1998, these
cameras were sadly discontinued by Fuji/ Hasselblad in 2006  only due to the
lead solder in the electronic
circuit boards running afoul of  EU
environmental regulations regarding the disposal of  hazardous waste.  Sales
of this camera
were reportedly good at the time of discontinuation.

Only 50 actuations
currently show on the counter and the whole kit looks brand new!  I bought
it about 3 years ago and have put
maybe 2-3 rolls thru it.

My price
is only $1,650, shipped free by 100% safe/ insured, trackable, EMS
international
postal to your doorstep anywhere in the world in approx. 5-6 days.  I'll
take PayPal from a verified account, bank
money order, bank wire transfer or certified check in USD and can furnish
many
vintage watch buy/sell references upon request. My PayPal ID is
ein-ljh@xxxxxxxxxxx

This
is not a “distress” sale, so please no “tire kickers” or “low ballers”; only
serious buyers are asked to inquire.

INSPECTION PERIOD: 7 days- if you feel the camera is not as described, you
may
return it in the same condition and pay insured, EMS return shipping.

Images of this camera may
be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrs111445/http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrs111445/page2/

Images taken by me w/ this camera
can be seen here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrs111445/2731247761/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wrs111445/2732118476/

The images of the TX-1 were taken this week (the
date set on my digital P&S was incorrect) and I don't use Photoshop nor any
other photographic enhancing software.