Re: [OM] CAUTION About Firefox Update 3.6.17

Subject: Re: [OM] CAUTION About Firefox Update 3.6.17
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 22:53:40 -0500
On 5/4/11 22:50 : , Jim Nichols wrote:
> Just a note of CAUTION.  If you have not made the update to Firefox 3.6.17
> that was offered a few days ago, think carefully.   I, and at least 3 other
> Firefox users have found that, periodically, Firefox appears to be using up
> to 70% of available CPU time, slowing things down, and, in some systems,
> causing crashes.  My system runs XP Home, SP3.
>
> I have submitted this to the Firefox Help Forum, but, as yet, have received
> no answer or suggestions.
>
> Jim Nichols
> Tullahoma, TN USA
I run FF on a G5 Mac, and routinely close it out once a day and then
restart it.  Otherwise, it gets ridiculously slow.

Oh, and I learned by mistake that you can't upgrade to FF 4 on a PPC Mac
- it won't load.  They aren't real upfront about that until you've
already overwritten your functional 3.x install.....

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"The nachos are still good." - Jim Peterik

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Music washes from the soul the dust of everyday life" - Harlan Howard