[OM] Royal Wedding in London - in the morning

Subject: [OM] Royal Wedding in London - in the morning
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 22:25:22 +0100
The Internet is full: I'll resume uploading to this album in the morning . . .

Well it went well.  Back in November I booked a couple of nights in the RAF
Club (on Piccadilly in London) in anticipation of being able to attend the
wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, and it all came together on
Thursday and Friday.  We were in the huge crowd that watched and listened (the
wedding service was broadcast around the centre of London, it seemed) and we
all had an excellent time, all 1,000,000 of us (approximately).

But photos were difficult.  The crowds were thick, but even when they weren't I
didn't manage many decent photos because everyone would put their arms up with
a camera of some sort and try to get a chance shot of a passing royal.  A
shortish lady next to me on Whitehall asked me to take some photos for her, so
I had a K-5 in my right hand and a little P&S in my left as carriages and
horsemen passed on the road in front, with cheering and flag-waving adding to
the atmosphere.

But I got a few shots in a very enjoyable day; I don't do crowds normally, but
this was a special occasion and it was worth every minute of hanging around.

bit.ly/iQhJd9

Chris