[OM] Video editing software suggestions?

Subject: [OM] Video editing software suggestions?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 19:24:37 -0400 (EDT)
Newbie at this.  While canyoning, shot some video for fun but had to
change orientation of the cam from landscape to portrait in mid stream
(literally)
to tuck it into my jacket so I could jump from a rock  into a  deep
pool and video the process.  if I play it back via the cam it knows the
orientation and I just rotate the cam and all is well,
but that isn't very convenient.  I suppose I can fix it, but I have
almost no editing experience.  I see Cyberlink Powerdirector uses 64
bit and seems to get OK reviews and there is are adobe products.
Thought I had better check here.  Thanks for any comments.

Definitely not Hollywood Bound, Mike