Re: [OM] Bugs on Blooms - the tripod advantage [was IMG: Little Insect]

Subject: Re: [OM] Bugs on Blooms - the tripod advantage [was IMG: Little Insect]
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 01:05:46 -0500
Moose,

Those are beautiful close-up shots, perfectly focused.  One of my problems
was that the wind was gusting, so I had to wait for it to die down, then try
to focus and shoot.  I'm not sure that my tripod, which is over 50 years
old, would have been much help.

I have tried using a long lens for close-ups, and have obtained a few decent
images that way.  But I usually prefer to use a macro when I can.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA