[OM] [OT] I'm really pissed

Subject: [OM] [OT] I'm really pissed
From: Charles Geilfuss <charles.geilfuss@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 11:34:07 -0400
  This is very much off topic but I need to vent. If any of you have eBook
readers you need to be aware of a problem. I have a B&N Nook and last night
I purchased and downloaded a title called "The Perfect Host" by Theodore
Sturgeon. The B&N website says the ebook is a collection of 17 short stories
by said author written between 1948-50 and is one of a ten volume set of the
complete short stories by TS. After downloading I open the document only to
find it is ONE short story. WTF! Did I misread it? I went back the the
website and no my eyes did not deceive me...17 stories...yada,yada,yada.
Crap! This morning I called B&N Customer Service which of course is in India
(hello my name is Peggy...somehow I don't see the humor in that commercial
anymore). They are absolutely no help. "You downloaded the book so we cannot
give you a refund." Well of course I downloaded it; how would I know that it
is falsely represented on your website.
  Fortunately I'm only out a small sum but now I have zero faith in B&N
especially their eBooks of older titles.
  My blood pressure is back to normal. You may return to your regularly
scheduled programing.

Charlie