Re: [OM] IMG: It's Spring Again

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: It's Spring Again
From: <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:34:47 -0700
Be aware that poison ivy grows in two forms. One is a ground level plant
typically about a foot or so high. The other is as a creeping vine growing up
trees or whatever else might support it. In my experience it seems to prefer
open shade. The ground level variety is commonly found at the edge of a
forested area that gets a lot of shade during the day but also gets partial
sun.  But whichever type, the leaves are of the same shape with large,
irregularly shaped "teeth" and always come in groups of three.

Chuck Norcutt