Re: [OM] Oh, I forgot to mention...

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh, I forgot to mention...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:43:47 -0500
OK. Got closure on one thing. This project will be in color. Sooo, no
B&W darkroom to worry about. :(

However, I will be using film. I may just play it safe and go with my
good old standby Fujifilm 160s.

The premise is this: I need a film that gives me good, saturated, but
not OTT colors, yet is excellent in skintones. At this point, it looks
like all shots will be outdoors. Under these conditions, I've been the
happiest with 160s.

Film is desired for this project because of two issues: Flowers which
do not digitize well (red channel blowout), and the specific look/feel
that the OM lenses and FF format give. Yes, there will be a few shots
with DoF trickery as part of the composition.

Besides, just how cool is it to use the OM system for a major project
these days? Thumbing my nose at digital capture. Actually, this is
still digital capture, just delayed a little.

We've identified 28 unique photographs for this. Yes, there is a
common thread through the entire set. At least one picture will have
water involved and will require about 200 meters of fishing line to
place an object under a fountain. Another will likely be an aerial
photograph if we can figure out a minor detail involving the
aerodynamics of a pastry.

AG