Re: [OM] (OM) (lens only ! ) Dying daffodils

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) (lens only ! ) Dying daffodils
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 21:29:53 -0700
On 3/27/2011 6:27 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> Ken showed us
>> Dying Daffodils, Panasonic DMC-L1 with Zuiko 100mm F2.8
> I don't want to seem too nit-picky, but for my taste, I'd want to see more
> detail in the brightest yellow parts of the withered petals, at the same time
> retaining all the other luminosity values including the reflections from the
> glass.

Exactly one of my problems with it. Did the alternate version I just posted
help?

> Would this be a case for fiddling with raw files?

Ideally, yes. But, as in the alternate versions of Nathnan's scanned 6x9 film
images that I recently posted, if the JPEG
has the tonal detail compressed near the top, without any blown highlights,
it's generally possible to recover them.

> It reminds me of the problems I had taking this series of shots.
> http://www.brianswale.com/index8.htm

I've already done some work on one of those JPEGs.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/BSwale/MtCook.htm>

Moose