Re: [OM] Contax G2

Subject: Re: [OM] Contax G2
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2011 21:07:33 -0400 (EDT)
Well, you make it sound like it was all user error. It wasn't. You have a
fine sample. Some G2s worked fine, many others hunted focus A LOT. Even
after  being sent in for service, they still had wonky AF. Mostly with the 90mm
lens  mounted.  And the systems can be had for absurdly low prices because
once  the camera breaks, there's no place to get it serviced. Not so with
Leicas.

George

>Bill, that is simply untrue.  The focus on the G2 is  extremely reliable,
and
>operation is intuitive.  The trick is to  use the focus lock button on the
>back, which can be operated with the  thumb on the right hand while the
>forefinger operates the shutter  release.  Also remember that it is a
single
>AF point in the  middle, and to keep it in S-AF so that the lens does not
>"hunt".   I can use the G2 one-handed and never miss focus.  In fact, my
E-P2