Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Tulip - Jim N.

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Friday Tulip - Jim N.
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:37:07 -0500
Brian,

You don't miss much!  After several comments about a small flaw in the leaf
in the image, and an explanation of how images are displayed on a monitor, I
made an 8-bit version of the tulip image, removed the flaw, and uploaded the
resulting jpeg image to replace the tiff image in the gallery.

However, I believe you are correct about the gallery software.  I examined
another image that I uploaded as a tiff, and it shows that it is displayed
in the gallery as a jpeg image.  So, I have just been kidding myself about
any differences that I thought I was noticing.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA