Re: [OM] Big White on Fred Miranda

Subject: Re: [OM] Big White on Fred Miranda
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 15:45:25 +0200
Ah, this was the 350/2.8 John sold at the same time he sold me the
250/2, I think.

If I were a collector, I would be drooling for this baby, but since
the image quality
of the 250/2 with the Zuiko 1.4TC (making an effective 350mm f/2.8) is
reportedly
so stellar (basically indistinguishable from the 350/2.8's performance
wide open)
I am certainly not tempted. But if the image quality of the 350/2.8 is
as good as
the 250/2's, I can only but recommend this class of lens to anybody
here who would
make good use of the long focal length. It's unbelievably good.

Just be warned, 4 kilograms is a lotta lens, especially with a tiny OM
body stuck to
the back of it!

Nice to see it's being sold for a reasonable price (USD 2.5k).

Dawid