Re: [OM] IMG: Moon Over Tennessee

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Moon Over Tennessee
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2011 08:49:01 -0500
Fernando,

Next month, you should be able to shoot from that point of land at the
end of Plaza Virgilio on Rbla. Republica de Mejico. 34.9000S,
56.0820W. The moon will rise directly over Isla de Flores at 5:45 PM
on April 17. However, because of your latitude and time of year, the
moon will rise diagonally, so it will quickly move sideways to the
island.

A better spot would be from the Museo Oceonographica. The sun will not
have fully set so the ocean and island will be bathed in light with
the moon rising directly behind. Because of that, the contrast will be
much lower and you'll be able to get the moon texture and the land/sea
all correctly. Should look great!

If you miss it on April 17, go back on on the 18th, but go to the
first location I identified in this post. The moon will appear
directly behind the island, but the sun will have already set so the
contrast will be greater.

As to your panoramic picture... Very nice!!!! Those speakers probably
sound as good as they look. :)

But, I think I could probably make a nice living selling acoustical
design and treatment to you guys. I saw several things in that picture
that make my ears hurt. :(

AG