Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 19:42:15 -0800
On 3/8/2011 4:10 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Everyone has their passions. There's no doubt the Zuiko 90 is a superb lens

Doubt.

Well, conviction.

I'd been listening to this kind of praise on the list for soooo long. Felt my
existing 50/3.5, 135/4.5, Tammy 90/2.5,
and Kiron 105/2.8 just weren't good enough. So I broke the piggy bank and got
an almost mint looking copy from Tom Scales.

And you know, just great at normal working distances. I didn't see the magic so
many promised, but then I don't shoot at
f2 for super shallow DOF much. And I didn't see anything wrong, just nothing to
make it stand out from other lenses I had.

At that time, as much of the time, I was shooting lots of close-up and macro
flower pics. And closer in, the 90/2 just
wasn't delivering. I looked it over carefully; nothing I could see that wasn't
like new looking; everything worked
smoothly. So I shot some more, taking great care with sturdy tripod, no wind,
extra careful with focus. Nope, not
obviously "bad", but just not as good as the lenses I already had.

I was not alone on the list in this assessment, although we were in the
minority.

I sold it to another, long gone, list member, who said he was happy with it. Oh
well . . .

Moose