Re: [OM] If one could dream...

Subject: Re: [OM] If one could dream...
From: Nicholas Herndon <nherndon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 11:07:11 -0600
Dawid, thanks to you I know exactly what I'll be shooting with this
weekend.  OM-4T w/ 21/2 and Pan F.

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 15:06:11 +0200
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Ken, you've created a bit of a conundrum for yourself. You really,
really
like your 35/2.8 and 100/2.8 lenses (don't we all know...). I am not
sure
that you'll be that much happier with the f/2 versions of the exact same
focal lengths, and there really is not much point in duplication,
unless you see
yourself selling the f/2.8 version.

Since you have 24mm and 35mm well-covered, I don't think a 28mm will
buy you much,
at least (again) if you're not going to sell one of the others.

What you want, big guy, is either a 21/2.0 or a 90/2.0 Macro. I use my
"big white"
about once a month - and I am in love with the images it produces -
it's not an
everyday lens. You want something to experience every day. You will
experience
visceral pleasure if you put either a 21/2.0 or 90/2.0 on your OM-3Ti,
believe me:

* The 90/2.0 Macro, as I, and many others, have so often said, has a
truly special
  character. It's extraordinary, in it's ability to produce images
with super-high
  resolution that are "gentle" - not clinical like the competition.
You won't enjoy
  the size though, you really won't. It'll blow your 100/2.8 away,
yet be different
  enough to warrant keeping both, especially the 100/2.8 for when you
want it to
  fit in your pocket.

* The 21/2.0 on the OM-3Ti is, for lack of a better word, orgasmic.
Nothing in the
  world compares with the compositional experience, it's a bright as
the best aux.
  finders for rangefinders (with 2-series 'screen, of course), but
with 100%
  compositional and focusing accuracy, anywhere on the frame. Olympus
has produced
  two really "ultimate" lenses (the two F2 lenses on at the ends of
the focal
  length spectrum) and the 21/2.0 is every bit as exciting and
surreal as the 250/2.0.

<snip>