Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2011: the limits of light

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2011: the limits of light
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:17:06 -0800
On 2/24/2011 12:02 PM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> In this image, I really push the limits of the GF-1, both in terms of light
> gathering and dynamic range. But I kind of like it:
>
> http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#1197501562_Wj3fd-O-LB

Why, oh why do you issue these challenges, Nathan?
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Wajsman/Philippa.htm>

I'm not even suggesting that my alternate version is better, only that there is
a lot more 'light' and dynamic range in
that image than you think. If you shot RAW, there's may be even more.

Not an image that does a great deal for me, and I do tend to think that the
original is better, or perhaps something in
between. So I would probably have just noted, briefly enjoyed and moved on. But
"The limits of light"? And ". . . the
limits of the GF-1, both in terms of light gathering and dynamic range"? How
was I to resist? :-)

The crop is just a vague suggestion that there may be a stronger image hiding
in the full frame.

Moose