Re: [OM] [OT] - irradiated topaz - gieger counter anyone

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - irradiated topaz - gieger counter anyone
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 15:48:13 +0100
 From my web searching I believe this is correct but if there are any
impurities in the topaz  they can become radioactive. I don't want to
take any risks and have been pondering of late why so many young women I
have know have died in their 40-50's and wonder if it could be related
to such jewellery ( of course it could be the alchohol)  - yes I know I
think too much.

As a doctor's assistant my wife takes X-rays as part of her tasks so we
have access to the film and development of such and she also has to wear
a detector badge which we considered leaving it next to for a month.  I
was just wondering if there was a better method.