Re: [OM] Used items

Subject: Re: [OM] Used items
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 11:25:52 -0600
> If you sold to someone you know is using them to commit fraud...

If the guy is selling the cameras as NOS (New Old Stock) then it would
be fraud. But if he is selling them as LNIB, that doesn't matter. The
camera is "like new" if it's been sufficiently refurbished. New skins
are a legitimate method of doing so. But that doesn't address the wear
and tear on the internals that can wear out.

At this point, as it has been at least a dozen years since the last
OM-4Ti has been assembled, I would suggest that it may be not be
unreasonable to question the provenance of any camera that is above
average in condition.

As there are very very few people buying these ultra-clean cameras to
actually use anymore, but are more interested in collecting and
displaying them, having a shiny exterior and worn out interior
probably doesn't matter.

Even at that, though, I can confirm through personal experience that
it takes a LOT to wear out an OM.

AG