[OM] E-510 heat was RE: Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the p

Subject: [OM] E-510 heat was RE: Back from Enduro India - OM 35-80/2.8 paid the priceandis stuck on F8
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:05:17 -0800
Hi Jim,

I googled for a cutaway view of the e510 but only came up with e3 and e400.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/Mikefellh/E-300Stuff/Elightpath.jpg
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/olympuse3/page3.asp

It looks like the main circuit board could be between the CCD and monitor. The
image processor and probably to a lesser extent the LCD circuits probably
generate the most heat which then rises up to the flash area.

A steady voltage on a capacitor would generate very little heat -
charging/discharging is when the heat is generated.

I noticed one of my e-cameras getting fairly warm once but I didn't pay much
attention and have forgotten where the heating was.

Jeff Keller