[OM] "Affordable" perspective and landscape - was RE: MF fuji vs. Mamiya

Subject: [OM] "Affordable" perspective and landscape - was RE: MF fuji vs. Mamiya
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:38:11 -0800
Ignoring affordability: a Canon 5Dii with shift lenses ...

More affordable: a Canon 5D with an old Nikon 15mm (correct perspective when
necessary, crop), Zuikos for landscape.

Almost any 4/3 with a Zuiko 7-14mm.

For the patient photographer: Shen Hao TFC68A
https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3164

For personal fun: an OM with shift lenses and an 18mm Zuiko ...

For patient weight lifters: an old Calumet($250) or Sinar($500) 4x5. Film is
expensive but the IQ can be very impressive.

For the insane, insisting on some portability: a camera like the Dayi
Portable 4x5 with a 47mm lens. Ebay: 270695689637. (no long focal lengths)

I like the Mamiya 7ii but 43mm without shifts isn't wide enough for a lot of
"architecture". Although not insanely priced, the lenses run about $500 -
$1300 each so it can add up quickly. Great IQ though. If I were to take a
single, easily portable camera for landscape, this would likely be the one.
It wouldn't be my first choice for somewhere new to me and far away because
no long focal lengths (I guess I could crop the 210mm image).

Jeff Keller