Re: [OM] OT: The final straw (Apple)

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: The final straw (Apple)
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 10:00:33 -0800
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> And I don't actually own my house - it's merely an improvement on land for
> which I own title - that is a right to exclusive use, until someone makes a
> better case.

Ah yes. You're in a Commonwealth Nation, like Canada, where the Crown actually
"owns" your land, and your title is just a license for use, rather like those
software agreements.

But what is everyone so up in arms over this? Think you own your body? You just
have "title to use" the various molecular compounds that make you up!

You know what? The G.O.D. operating system can "lock up" your machine at any
time! There isn't even ANY warranty! While most people assume they'll get 70-80
years out of it, others have been "locked up" before the ink was dry on the
purchase agreement! (birth certificate)

THE OUTRAGE! SOMEONE SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

Well, I'll tell you what, I'M going to do something about it. I'm not buying
another one of these "body" products again! THAT will fix them! SEND A MESSAGE!

In fact, I'm going to turn mine in for a refu