[OM] OT: The final straw (Apple)

Subject: [OM] OT: The final straw (Apple)
From: Dawid Loubser <dawidl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 22:41:00 +0200
http://apple.slashdot.org/story/11/02/02/179215/Apple-eBook-Rules-Changing-For-Sellers

I have used Apple hardware and software for almost a decade now. It
saddened me to see
their progression from the cool, creative underdog, to an unethical,
controlling,
1984-big-brother-esque evil empire.

The total lock-down and control they try to exercise over their mobile
devices
(iPhone, iPad) has long already caused me to vow to never ever buy a
device on that
platform. I am a software developer, and I would like to write any
software for,
or install any software on, *my* device, which I purchased and now
fully own, thank
you very much.

The level of greed and arrogance portrayed by a move such as this,
however - as well
as their complete halt on software innovation on the Mac OS X platform
for at least
5 years now - is enough to make me boycott them entirely.

Microsoft, even at their worst, was nothing compared to this.
Anybody else feel the same?

Dawid