Re: [OM] All wrought up (was) IMG: Snow Again

Subject: Re: [OM] All wrought up (was) IMG: Snow Again
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 02:56:51 +1300
My wrong ...

> And yes it's as brittle as hell, especially when cast as fine filigree.
> But it rusts only slowly.

Got the two mixed up; as were the metal bits of my great grandparents
grave I have been working on. Cast iron filigree = brittle.
Wrought iron, not brittle.
Both were used to make fences on graves with crappy concrete tops in the
late 1800's - early 1900's in New Zealand. I suspect from pig iron from the
UK.

Brian Swale. Daytime phone +64 03 449 2277
  http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/
  http://www.brianswale.com
           Mobile 021 143 4249
73 Fache Street, Clyde 9330, New Zealand