Re: [OM] Haze

Subject: Re: [OM] Haze
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 07:50:45 -0500
Depends on the cause of the haze.  If it's the evaporated volatile
elements of the helical grease it can be cleaned off with anything that
cuts grease.  If it's fungus it can be cleaned off with nose oil, cold
cream, etc followed by a grease cutting solvent.  But the fungus (which
exudes acid) might have damaged the surface of the lens or coating to
some degree or other.  If it's the rear elements of an Oly 65-200/4 you
can forget it.  The cause is unknown and nothing seems to work.  I
suspect that maybe I own the only Oly 65-200/4 that doesn't exhibit the
problem.

Chuck Norcutt