Re: [OM] Interested in a Zuiko 24 shift?

Subject: Re: [OM] Interested in a Zuiko 24 shift?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 10:18:42 -0800
> From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Because I already have one, and don't do stereo photography,
>> I offered to ask around here for interest in this lens.
>
> Interesting comment about using this lens for stereo photography.  I
> actually believe that using shift lenses for architectural photography (to
> straighten the horizontal lines of buildings, etc) is not a good idea in
> stereo because it looks unnatural...

Not sure what the OP had in mind, but to me, using a shift lens for stereo
photography has nothing to do with perspective correction -- it refers to
shifting the lens full right, taking a shot, shifting full left, taking a shot,
then viewing the result as a stereo pair.

Perhaps the OP can further explain...

Follow the classic homespun principles. Never say die. Never be satisfied. Be
stubborn. Be persistent. Integrity is a must. Anything worth having is worth
striving for with all your might. Does it sound corny? Honestly... that's all
there was to it for me. There were no magic formulas! -- Orville Redenbacher