Re: [OM] Interested in a Zuiko 24 shift?

Subject: Re: [OM] Interested in a Zuiko 24 shift?
From: "George Themelis" <george@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 14:55:29 -0500
> Because I already have one, and don't do stereo photography,
> I offered to ask around here for interest in this lens.

Interesting comment about using this lens for stereo photography.  I
actually believe that using shift lenses for architectural photography (to
straighten the horizontal lines of buildings, etc) is not a good idea in
stereo because it looks unnatural.  Our brains actually expect to see this
convergence of vertical lines when pointing the camera up, because this is
exactly what the eyes see in real life.  When "corrected" it looks OK in 2d
but strange in 3d.

George