Re: [OM] I want to sell all my E-SYSTEM stuff

Subject: Re: [OM] I want to sell all my E-SYSTEM stuff
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 09:16:22 -0800
> From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Selling to KEH makes the sale quick and easy but you will
> get much less money than selling on your own through ebay or even right
> here to list members.

Perhaps, perhaps not.

It's quick and easy to get quotes from them, so why not go that far and decide
later?

When I sold a bunch of stuff last year, I got a quote from KEH, compared
individual items to eBay closings, and ended up selling about a third of it to
KEH. (This was AFTER offering it to this list.)

Even if a bit below eBay prices, avoiding the hassle of unknown outcome and
dealing with unknowable bidders might tilt the balance. On the other hand, eBay
buyers pay the shipping; KEH does not.

KEH seems to bid well on esoteric stuff, like motor drives and dedicated
flashes, rather than lenses and bodies.