Re: [OM] OT Brisbane floods

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Brisbane floods
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 09:45:57 +1100
Not just Brisbane. The floods cover an area  larger than France and Germany
combined. (Think Texas, then think much bigger). They are just reaching the
coast from the submerged inland as flash floods coming down the normally small
rivers.
There are flood warnings out for people living on the low areas around the
Noosa River. Marc lives in Noosa but isn't too close to the river as I remember
so he should be OK. But a lot of people there live close to the River,
including old friends of mine in Teewantin a few kilometres inland. Fortunately
they're in France right now for a family Christmas, etc., but I don't know what
they'll get back to find.

You there mate?

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx