Re: [OM] What's wrong with this flash

Subject: Re: [OM] What's wrong with this flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:19:00 -0500
 From the FL-36 manual
Q When the Olympus E-1 digital camera enters the sleep mode, the FL-36
control panel displays turn off. Is this normal?
A Yes, it is normal. When the E-1 enters the sleep mode, the FL-36 does
as well. When the camera wakes up, so does the FL-36.

Q Does the FL-36 also turn off when the Olympus E-1 digital camera is
turned off?
A When the E-1 is turned off, the FL-36 enters the sleep mode. When the
E-1 is turned on again, the FL-36 also turns on. When you want to turn
off the FL-36, turn off the FL-36 before turning off the E-1. In
addition, when connected to a camera without communication capability,
the FL-36 enters the sleep mode if it is not operated for about 15 minutes.

No specific mention of the E-1 in the FL-36R manual but it does say
Q When the Olympus digital camera entered the sleep mode, the
control panel on the electronic flash turned off as well. Is this
normal?
A Yes, it is normal. When the camera enters the sleep mode, the
FL-36R does as well. When the camera wakes up, so does the
FL-36R. After approximately 15 minutes in sleep mode, the FL-36R
turns off. In such a case, press the POWER button to turn the
FL-36R back on.

Q Does the FL-36R also turn off when the Olympus digital camera is
turned off?
A When the camera is turned off, the FL-36R enters the sleep mode.
After approximately 15 minutes, the FL-36R automatically turns off.
In such a case, press the POWER button to turn the FL-36R back on.

Q Why did the FL-36R automatically turn off?
A The FL-36R automatically turns off in RC mode and slave mode
when no operations are performed for 60 minutes. When connected
to a camera without communication capability, the FL-36R enters
the sleep mode if it is not operated for about 15 minutes. After
another 15 minutes, the power turns off.

Chuck Norcutt