Re: [OM] Economics

Subject: Re: [OM] Economics
From: Mike Lazzari <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:15:12 -0800
>   but I do know of private school teachers who are barely above poverty.
My son-in-law is one. He teaches at one of the many local private
schools. We are in effect subsidizing the school since we provided a
spot on our property for them to build a tiny one room cabin to live in
since the salary isn't sufficient for them to rent let alone ever buy.

The school is a quality school sending a disproportionate number of its
graduates to the best universities in the country. Partly due to the
income level of the parents but the school does not turn any student
away.  However it speaks to the value system of a society that values
its children and their teachers so little.

<http://springstreet.org/>

Mike