[OM] Battery gunk

Subject: [OM] Battery gunk
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 03:18:17 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,
         I am in the process of trying to "sort out" my camera equipment to
keep
items in kits depending on their use. picked up a T32 flash. It seemed heavy.
Opened it up to find that the batteries had turned to mush. Bugger , bugger,
Damn.......I ALWAYS remove batteries after use.  :-(>    but not this time. I
have spent the last 11/2 hrs scraping away with dental probes trying to clean
up
the terminals. very therapeutic at 3.15 am!   Can anyone suggest a neutralising
agent that I could brush around the terminals to zap any remaining battery crud
that I might have missed?  I will give it another go in the morning..Toooo
tired
now............must sleep.
 Regards
John Duggan,