Re: [OM] it was foreseeable and it happened

Subject: Re: [OM] it was foreseeable and it happened
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 20:16:16 -0500
Yes, my wife and I are quite familiar with the WHI.  She was on HRT as a
result and had a severe heart attack.  She survived it by my recognizing
it and being only minutes from Lahey Clinic Burlington.  Her heart had
to be restarted a couple of time in the emergency room.  HRT the cause?
  Who knows.  Fortunately, she's still here.  And she doesn't believe a
damned thing I say about getting rid of her 40mg of Lipitor.

I certainly understand that studies can be wrong and I think many of
them are.  The problem is not giving enough attention to the outliers
and, of course, to the financially motivated bias of most present
studies.  See my link to Richard Smith.  Very sobering.

As Einstein said: “No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right;
a single experiment can prove me wrong.”  On the cholesterol hypothesis
there appear to be not one but many experiments that prove it wrong.
But they're not ones that have been financed by Pfizer.

Electronically extend hand accepted and returned.

Chuck Norcutt