Re: [OM] it was foreseeable and it happened

Subject: Re: [OM] it was foreseeable and it happened
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 16:44:45 -0500
And I respond... so???  It looks pretty compelling to me, especially
when combined with many other such non-drug company funded studies that
show similar results.  Your attempt to denigrate the study with unproven
suppositions of subclinical disease and influenced by a survivor bias
just don't cut the mustard with me.  This study states: "The hazard
ratios of dying for subjects in the second, third, and fourth quartiles
compared with the first quartile of TC were computed using Cox
proportional hazards, adjusting for lifestyle factors, anthropomorphic
and biochemical measures, preexisting medical conditions, and frailty
indicators."

In other words, they have done their best to remove the biases you
purport (with no supporting data) to have not been removed.

Back to regularly scheduled programming.

Dr. Hi Cholesterol (and happy about it)